Some good friends of ours do this thing every January called the 5 Fs. It's their way of organizing their goal setting for the year. The 5 Fs are: Faith, Family, Fun, Fitness, and Finance. I've never been into New Year's Resolutions...it seems like they never stick so what is the point!?! However, the 5 Fs sound like something good so I thought I would give it a whirl this year. Here are my 5 Fs...
Faith: I've started a devotional (I actually started on Jan. 1st) to read through the Bible in 1 yr. So far I'm loving it!!! Since I've been talking so much about what I've been learning I think the Mr. might even join me in this!
Family: Our family focus for the year is experience. Ex. Gray's main Christmas gift was snowboarding lessons. We're hoping he falls in love with boarding and it will stay with him for life. I think we tend to get so busy with "life" that we forgot to experience it. I want my boys to grow up with wonderful memories of our family experiences.
Fun: Continue making time to spend with my girlfriends. It's good for everyone at my house if I take a night or two out of the month to meet with my girlfriends and recharge. I have a group of ex (& current) co workers that I meet with about once a month for dinner. We rotate hosting at our homes. It's so much fun seeing what projects everyone has completed at their place and it's nice not to be worried about taking up too much time at a table or laughing too loud. I also have a group of wonderful mamas that I spend time with, too. We usually rotate hosting to share desserts, wine, trash TV, and lots of great conversation. It feels so good to have such wonderful ladies to take some time with.
Fitness: I signed up for a Couch to 5k class and I'm SO excited! I did a 1/2 marathon a couple of years ago, but I did a walk/jog combo. However, I've never been able to run much more than a mile at a time (even in my thinner days) and I want to push myself to do more. So my fitness goal is to finish the class, complete at least 2 formal 5ks and even more in my neighborhood with the Mr.
Finance: This is one that Micah and I share. Micah was blessed with a new job this year, however, it is a 1 yr contract only. (We're praying for him to be brought on full-time after the year. Would love your prayers, too!) Since he's making more this year we've committed to a savings goal for the year. We want at the end of the year (even if he goes back to his old job...thankfully that is an option) to know that we have something to show for it after all it's so easy to go crazy with a extra cash in your account!
So there are my 5 Fs...I can't wait to check back in next year and see how I've done!
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment